Community Health Foundation is proud to support Covenant United Methodist Church Freedom School with grant funding of $5,100. Freedom School is a Children’s Defense Fund orogram providing 6-week summer enrichment through a research-based and multicultural program model that supports K-12 scholars and their families through five essential components:
- high quality academic and character-building enrichment,
- parent and family involvement,
- civic engagement and social action,
- intergenerational servant leadership development, and
- nutrition, health and mental health.
Covenant’s Freedom school takes place every June, with this year’s summer session June 13, 2022 – July 22, 2022.
For more information on Covenant United Methodist Church Freedom School, visit them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedomschoolcovenantumc/
For more information on Community Health and Foundation, visit https://community-health-foundation.org/